There are plenty of ways to get involved with FIYAHCON apart from just attending. Check out the options below and visit the Features page for breakdowns of our different programming types.
Forms are lengthy, so we do recommend completing them on a desktop.
GET INVOLVED : VOLUNTEER
FIYAHCON needs volunteers for:
- Admin Assistance: working with team administrators for things like responding to emails, testing programming features, onboarding new staff members, wrangling volunteers, etc Programming Team: vetting programming applicants, soliciting participation from sponsors and publishing professionals, filling schedule
- Promotion/marketing: helping with social media, newsletters, etc.
- Community support: Discord and community space moderators, grievance management, community policy enforcement
- Tech support: helping with the website, tech-related event facilitators
- Industry resources: Agents, editors, and other publishing professionals volunteering for networking opportunities i.e. office hours. If interested specifically in hosting Office Hours, skip to the Host Office Hours form below.
Experience not required for most roles, but it is nice to have.
GET INVOLVED : MELOSCRIPTORIUM
The Meloscriptorium is FIYAHCON’s writing room and Spotify playlist library. We are asking writers to suggest songs for playlists curated by theme and atmosphere for other writers to use as inspiration during the convention’s write-ins and sprints. You can contribute your songs here.