We are thrilled to announce that our inaugural event, FIYAHCON 2020 has been selected as a finalist for the Hugo Award for Best Related Work! We are excited to be alongside friends and colleagues across the ballot for their amazing contributions to spec lit and the community, including a Best Semiprozine nomination for FIYAH Magazine.
The full Best Related Work Category is as follows:
- Beowulf: A New Translation, Maria Dahvana Headley (FSG)
- CoNZealand Fringe, Claire Rousseau, C, Cassie Hart, Adri Joy, Marguerite Kenner, Cheryl Morgan, Alasdair Stuart.
- FIYAHCON, L.D. Lewis–Director, Brent Lambert–Senior Programming Coordinator, Iori Kusano–FIYAHCON Fringe Co-Director, Vida Cruz–FIYAHCON Fringe Co-Director, and the Incredible FIYAHCON team
- “George R.R. Martin Can Fuck Off Into the Sun, Or: The 2020 Hugo Awards Ceremony (Rageblog Edition)”, Natalie Luhrs (Pretty Terrible, August 2020)
- A Handful of Earth, A Handful of Sky: The World of Octavia E. Butler, Lynell George (Angel City Press)
- The Last Bronycon: a fandom autopsy, Jenny Nicholson (YouTube)
You can view the full ballot over on Tor.com.
If you’re interested in reviewing some of our content from last year, the 2020 Archives are now open. And you can check out our Retrospective, which documents motives, costs, and experiences in developing the first year’s convention and Ignyte Awards. On behalf of the entire FIYAHCON Team, thank you for your incredible support, and we look forward to hosting you again in September for round 2.